HTML5 Mobile App Development Services
When it comes to mobile development, there are two approaches: native and HTML 5 (also called cross-platform or hybrid development). At Greenice, we specialize in HTML 5 mobile app development. We’ve been using this approach for over five years. During this time we’ve developed 40+ content-driven apps for informational and educational purposes. Both industry leaders and small businesses outsource app development to us.
Hybrid or Native?
Let’s say you need to develop an app for multiple OS platforms (iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, etc.). Which approach should you choose, native or hybrid?
With native development you would have to code different versions of your app for every platform you want to launch on. The reason for that is that native development entails development with the programming language of the platform, so for iOS you would have to code with Objective C or Swift, for Android it would be Java, and so on.
This means that likely you would need to hire different developers for each platform, as it would be hard to find one expert programmer who knows all programming languages equally well. The same goes for your budget and time, as you would have to spend time and money for each version of your app.
However, an HTML 5 alternative has some considerable technical constraints as opposed to a native app. You won’t be able to utilize all of your phone hardware features (list of supported features) as well as with native and it would be more challenging to get accepted by the App Store. This means that there is no one-size-fits-all approach each project is unique and requires a unique solution.
When Native Is a Better Option
You would be better off with native development if your app has to:
- perform complex calculations or works with large sets of data
- process video, audio or images
- have full access to all device hardware and functionality
- have high GPU rendering (game apps).
When to Go Cross-Platform
Hire HTML 5 engineers whenever you require development speed over complexity:
- you need to get a professionally developed prototype to test a concept
- you need an application with a limited lifespan, e.g., a mobile app that accompanies an event
- your app has a simple user interface and limited user interaction, such as listing and showing news, articles, images, watching videos, etc.
- you would like to distribute your app with a link and avoid the hustle of app marketplaces
- you do not need a specific user interface that follows the guidelines of each platform
- you are not able to pay the price of native mobile development.
Examples of Custom HTML 5 Development Solutions
Your Custom Solution Can Be Built on the Basis of These Proven Platforms
Educational Game Apps
Widely used for product and sales training workshops, as well as employee onboarding. We have created over 20 educational games and now have a ready-to-use game engine that allows building any kind of educational game such as legends, quests, quizzes, etc.
Interactive Gallery App
This app allows accessing information on a picture, poster or art object simply by scanning a QR code or entering its number. We have built an app that was used to access information on educational posters during a live conference.
Library applications are used to learn on-the-go. We have built iLibrary apps for sales reps with complete information on their topic of interest at their fingertips. Users can easily navigate the app to find exactly what they need, thanks to bookmarks, glossary and word search.
Conference Scheduler Apps
This is a solution for big events to keep all participants on schedule and informed of event locations. It also serves as a storage repository for event study materials and other event-specific documents.
Audience Response System App
This tool for audience polling during live events allows a speaker/lecturer to post questions and receive replies in real time. The statistics of the answers can immediately be seen on tablets and general screens.
Interactive Sales Presentation App
Sales representatives use this simple yet effective tool to display visual content during their sales pitches to clients. Sales reps show these presentations on iPads or even have a client look through the app by himself during face-to-face meetings.
This type of app aggregates content from third-party websites and presents it in a structured, easy-to-view manner. We have created business news aggregator app which is now available for all popular platforms: Android, iOS and Windows.
iLibrary, Interactive Knowledge Base
iLibrary was developed by our team as an interactive resource library on medical conditions (acute coronary syndrome, atherosclerosis and HTN), which enables learning on the go. It provides users with complete information on a particular topic at their fingertips. Users can easily navigate the app to find exactly what they need and learn at their own pace.
- Interactive questions to check material comprehension
- Page flip effect
- Option to look up glossary definitions while staying on page
- Online and offline work modes
- Word search across all chapters of the opened book.
iPoll App for Interactive Lecturing
iPoll is an Automated Response System (ARS) app that enables a speaker to post questions to the audience, receive responses, and display statistics on the general screen, as well as users’ mobile devices. iPoll was used to test material comprehension during live lectures.
- Presenter/speaker interface, where users can choose questions in the context of the lecture.
- Audience member interface where users can respond to the questions.
- Display of statistics on general as well as individual user screens.
Event App to Keep Participants on Track
iPad event application. Keeps participants on schedule and informed of the event locations. Serves as a storage repository for event study materials and other event-specific documents.
- Interactive agenda to click on each event and see the ‘gathering’ area highlighted on the map
- PDF materials
- Segmenting participants and targeting each group with various events
- The app works offline.