Medical representatives have to be very knowledgeable about the products they sell, medical conditions, and innovations. But proper professional training is time-consuming and challenging for field sales reps who spend a lot of time on the road. Our client wanted to create the best employee training software for their company.
We built a custom LMS for employee training and created a series of websites, called Brand Universities, that are dedicated to particular specialties. Over 300 sales representatives use these Universities on a daily basis.
A large pharmaceutical company:
Our client needed to upgrade their sales representatives’ knowledge of new products, team cooperation, leadership, marketing strategies, and communication skills. Live training events provided only short term benefits. In an attempt to prolong the positive effects of training events, our client began to give sales reps reinforcement materials after each training event.
The training tracking process quickly turned into a nightmare because it was:
- Hard for trainees to follow
- Hard for trainers to update and manage
- Nearly impossible to track and measure individual and group results.
They needed to build a better training solution
Brand University is a Learning Management System that takes training reinforcement to the next level, including:
- A convenient personalized learning experience for trainees
- Easy to use LMS to upload, update, and manage content
- An assessment and reporting system to track and measure learning progress
Here are the key platform features.
Personalization is an important part of online education. Users’ learning styles differ and users should have flexibility and choice.
To personalize the learning experience we developed:
- Personal curriculum: each sales rep sees only courses and materials that are individually relevant
- Newsletter: trainees get regular emails with content that’s relevant to them
- Bookmarking: Students can save the most relevant materials to quickly find them in the future
Learning Management System
With LMS, admins and managers have an opportunity to create courses and assessments and distribute them among users. Here are the most important functionalities:
- Courses and lessons creation tool
- Assessments creation tool
- Courses scheduling and management
- Certificates creation
- Surveys and polls creation
- Assigning users to courses
- Different user roles and multiple access levels
For some courses, we also created the educational content in SCORM compliant format that is easy to upload into the platform. SCORM (Sharable Content Object Reference Model) is a collection of standards and specifications for web-based learning management systems. Our LMS supports ready-made SCORM packages which allow admins to easily add new courses.
Course landing page
This is the page where the course resides. For the majority of the students, the page shows instructions, the module itself, quizzes, and printable certificates.
The main features are:
- Course list
- Module page
- Calendar of courses
Motivation is enhanced when you compete with others, striving to become the best. Therefore, it is a good idea to include gamification functionality in your LMS and LCMS software development. The games may be organized for individual or for group competitions. The features include:
- Educational games
- Scoring system for completed activities
- Competition between individuals and groups
Community and Mentorship
It is important to have support from the team and leaders so that learners can ask questions, discuss topics, or share resources. The Community features are:
- Mentor Q&A
- Product and team news
- Awards and recognition
- Calendar of training events
- Peer-to-Peer Resources
Tracking and Reporting
Supervisors and managers can monitor the progress of their employees and assign some courses individually if they notice deficiencies.
Track individual and group results
Export reports to Excel
Benefits for the Client
The employee training tracking software was implemented for a pharmaceutical company to train more than 300 sales representatives. The benefits of custom LMS development are: